• 1 pack (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• 1/2 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
• 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 5 TBSP Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter (softened)
• 20-30 drops of your choice of FOOD GRADE ONLY essential oil – choose Lavender, Orange, Tangerine or Peppermint (the amount of essential oil adjusted to your taste preferences)
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder or Cinnamon Powder (used for rolling/dusting your Truffles)
1. Combine semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate together in a deep sided medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Heat whipping cream until almost boiling – Do not boil or scorch your cream. After cream is heated to very hot, slowly pour over semi-sweet and bittersweet chips. Let stand for a few minutes so chips will soften.
3. Once chocolate has melted, stir well until uniform and well blended.
4. In a small bowl, whip butter, sugar, and your desired choice of FOOD GRADE ONLY Essential Oil. Tip: start by only using 20 drops of essential oil, you can ! add more latter if you would like a stronger flavor.
5. Add butter / essential oil mixture to the chocolate chip / cream mixture and beat on medium speed using an electric hand mixer until sooth and creamy.
6. Taste to see if you want to add a few more drops of essential oil.
7. Set bowl into fridge for about 45 minutes to allow chocolate to firm up.
8. After chocolate has firmed, remove from fridge and form into small balls by using a melon baller or teaspoon. Place chocolate balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. To make chocolate balls more uniform, roll between palms and place back onto wax paper.
9. Dusting: Take each chocolate ball and roll into your small dish of cocoa powder or cinnamon powder.
10. Allow chocolate truffles to finish cooling.
11. Optional: Garnish with Cake Decorator’s Crystallized Sugar in a piping bag, using colors representative of the flavor: Purple for Lavender, Green for Peppermint, Orange for Orange or Tangerine.
Makes about 35 – 1 inch round yummy Chocolate truffles.
(from “Young Living Essential Oils”)